Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ending On A Good Note

I am an overall nice and positive person. It takes a lot to get me angry and I'm usually over a fight or over a person very quickly. I do not hold grudges but that doesn't mean I completely forget. God wants us to forgive and forget and I try my best! But I also try my best to learn from these unfortunate situations. With that said, I will move on...

This past week I have been going to the gym every morning. This is actually the first week where I've been going almost religiously. I'm not doing a lot. Just mainly working on building up my endurance. I want to make sure I'm in shape before I go into the Air Force. To graduate from BMT (Basic Military Training) you have to meet certain physical requirements.
1. Run 1.5miles in 14:21
2. 27 push-ups in 1 minute
3. 50 sit-ups in 1 minute
These are, of course, the female requirements and just the minimum. My goal is to be an Honor Graduate so I need to be able to do better. This is what I need to be able to do to be an Honor Graduate:
1. Run 1.5miles in 12:00
2.32 push-ups in 1 minute
3. 55 sit-ups in 1 minute
4. 2 pull-ups
Just thinking about that right now makes me tired. But I'm going to try my best!

Like I said, I have been going to the gym to work on building up my endurance. This week I have been running 1.5miles on the elliptical machine. The first day I ran it in 13:55. The second in 12:05. Third in 12:02 and today I ran it in 11:55. Each day gets easier. It's not easy, but it's not as hard as when I first started. I have one more day and then next week, I move on to the treadmill. Once I'm able to run 1.5miles in 12mins on the treadmill I'll start running the track with Justin. Also starting next week, I'm going to start working on my push-ups and sit-ups. Sit-ups are going to be fairly easy but I can barely do one guy push-up. I'm going to start with girl push-ups and once my arms get strong enough, I'll move onto boy push-ups.

So this is my plan. I will keep you updated on how I'm doing periodically. Please pray for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment