Monday, July 26, 2010

Change of Plans

Today started out as a good day. I made it my goal to get stuff done and have a successful day. I woke up with a good start. Ate a healthy breakfast, went to the gym, worked out some more at home. I did laundry, the dishes, vacuumed and took a shower and got ready for the day. All of this before 1030! I was pretty proud of myself. Now I had to make calls and get stuff done.
Now before I go on, I want to tell you what my plan was for the next 4.5 years. I was going to go to college for the fall semester just to take some classes. Then I was going to join the Air Force in the beginning of next year and serve my 4 years. Then after that I was going to use the GI Bill to go back to college. That was my plan...
I've been in the process of registering for college and it's taking some time. I'm getting Financial Aid from MyCaa (My Career Advancement Program). It's a program for military spouses and they pay up to $6000 of your tuition. Great program. Well, I won't go into details but registering got a lot harder than I anticipated. I had 6 classes I wanted to take but I was only able to get into 4. I might be able to get into the other 2 but I won't know till after the first couple of days of classes. I'm not really having a problem with the financial aid but I realized something today. If I can't get these two classes then I more than likely won't be able to complete my certificate in two semesters. I only have two semesters till Justin's EAS and we move. If I can't get these two classes then I'm going to have to take 19 hours next semester. One of those being an internship. I really don't think I'll be able to do that. And I don't see a point in going to college and taking classes if i can't complete my certificate. So now I just have to wait and see if I can get into these two classes.
That's the whole college situation. Now here's the whole Air Force situation.
I can't join. Evidently the cross tattoo on the back of my neck disqualifies me from joining. I talked to a recruiter and the agent guy on the website and both of them told me it disqualifies me. My heart broke when they told me. But after it sunk in for awhile and I prayed about it, I came to realize that it might be a good thing that I can't join. I've always told myself that I don't want my job to be my life and, obviously, if I joined the Air Force or any military branch for that matter, it would be.

So that was my day. Still successful. But definitely not what I was hoping for.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe a tattoo would disqualify you from the Air Force. That's just ridiculous.

    Trying to figure out school can be so stressful. I'm starting back in three weeks after a six-year hiatus, and I've been freaking out about it. I've scheduled 18 hours of classes, and am wondering if I'm overdoing it - with a part-time job, my husband, my kids and a house to keep in order. Whew, I stress out just writing that all at the same time!

    Anyway, hope you get things figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Well if I can get into these two classes then I'll have 12 but if I can't get them then I'm not going at all. I'm kinda excited about going back. It's been 2 years for me but I really want something to keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete